Friday, July 19, 2013

In Pieces

I don't talk about my personal life on this blog very often, but I wanted to tell you what's happened over the last couple weeks. My spouse of almost two decades ended our marriage. Suddenly, I find my own life in pieces.

I know in the long run, this will be a good thing. We weren't happy, not even close. And maybe somewhere down the road, this will give me a shot at happiness. But in the short term, there are grey days ahead.

On a positive note, throughout all of that sadness and heartbreak, In Pieces held in the number one position in gay fiction on Amazon for over two weeks. And many of you have taken the time to write to me and tell me how much you enjoyed the book, and leave positive reviews on Amazon. Your kind words have been such a bright spot at a time when I've really needed that -- so much more than you know.

So once again, thank you. This is definitely a time to remind myself of all I have to be grateful for, and my readers are at the top of that list.

Hugs to each of you,
Alexa xoxo